It is the high ambition of our project to create “FACTorieS for WORKERS” (FACTS4WORKERS), therefore a serious effort is put into integrating already available IT enablers into a seamless & flexible Smart Factory infrastructure based on worker-centric and data-driven technology building blocks. As FACTS4WORKERS is underpinned by a clear human-centric approach, usability, user experience and technology acceptance are of the utmost project interest.
Within Facts4Workers, IDLab-MEDIA developed a head-up display solution for remote learning applications. This application allows the factory worker to create, view and rate head-up display tutorials for the machines in the workshop. The ultimate goal is to reduce delays in problem solving by guiding the factory worker in proactively looking into the issue at hand. For this, IDLab-MEDIA created a Vuzix M300 smart glass application which communicates over REST with a nodeJS backend server. Furthermore, an Angular front-end allows the factory worker to edit recorded videos and to add important metadata to them.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under Grant Agreement 636778.
The research consortium
- Virtual Vehicle Research Center (Graz)
- Hidria Tehnoloski Center (Slovenia)
- Thyssenkrupp Steel Europe (Duisburg)
- SiEVA (Slovenia)
- Thermolympic (Zaragoza)
- EMO-Orodjarna (Slovenia)
- Evolaris next level Gmbh (Austria)
- Schaeffler Technologies GmbH & Co (Germany)
- Hidria Rotomatika (Slovenia)
- Vienna University of Technology
- Università degli Studi di Firenze
- University of Zurich
- Instituto Tecnológico de Aragón
- Lappeenranta University of Technology